Eye Care Community
water behind the retina

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

water behind the retina

my father is 42 years old.some days back he could see a grey smoky cloud moving in his right eye..he went to an eye doctor and after m.r.i and angiography,the doctor said that water is blocked behind the retina..but he did not gave any medicine.he just said that water will dry up autumatically in 4 months.he prescribed only one eye drop calledNEVANAC for pain and vitamins capsule.my father is diabetic and has high blood pressure......my question is that will the water dry up by itself or a surgery will be done.should i consult another doctor.is the diseaese treatable.will it affect the eye sight.
Tags: retina
Why you description is not at all precise the condition that most would fit is diabetic macular edema.

You can search that term and read about it but you best bet it to get more specific information from the Eye MD

NEVANAC is a nonsteroidal antiinflammatory used to get rid of the fluid (edema)

JCH MD
my age is 25 and when i was 2 years old, while playing i lost vision in my right eye now the vision in that eye is 6/60.doctors say that eye is not damaged but there may be problem behind that eye.the problem is now i had water behind retina of my left eye also.i am very upset. i am feeling problem in my studies. can anyone tell me for how much this water behind retina remains.
thanks

Regards
khurram
answered elsewhere
JCH MD