Eye Care Expert Forum
wave like peripheral vision

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

wave like peripheral vision
Earlier, while I was driving I was experiencing a wavy like motion in my peripheral vision in my left eye, when I covered the left eye I stillnoticed it in my right inside and also when I covered my right eye.  As I pulled over, it lasted a few minutes, but I was concerned.  I did not have a headache before or after, but had not eaten a lunch yet.  I had previously coached my son's soccer game(semi-finals game), it was a little intense.  So maybe this was the cause.  Could it be stress related? or lack of vitamins?  Or sinus infection?  Unfortuantely I have not seen an opthamologist in a long time(4 years).  I know my bad.  Thank you in advance for your time.
Robin
No its not stress, or lack of vitamins, or your sinus. It may have been an eye migraine (often no headache with them) or it could be a TIA due to disease of the heart, brain, bloodvessels. You need to see an Eye MD ophthalmologist AND an internist, cardiologist or GP.

JCH III MD