when new glasses OK after cataract surgery?
I am getting tired of not having progressives; drugstore reading glasses just don't do the job.

I have read on the web everything from "wait 2 weeks" to wait 10 weeks". (In my case it has been 3-1/2 weeks.) Is there some basic test of when one's power has levelled off? It SEEMS stable now, but what do I know? I can't really afford to pay for a refraction every few days to see if there's any trend.

Many thanks,
You have been through a lot and you know that you are not a regular case - so I advise you keep close follow up with your ophthalmologist and when the refraction becomes easy and stable then you can get your new glasses.  You're a little bit of a special case.
MJK MD
Most of the major optical chains will remake glasses at no charge within 30-60 days.  Call around.  I'm sure that you can find one who will provide you with this guarantee.