Eye Care Community
white bump on the upper eyelid near the corner

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

I've a hard white lump in the corner of my eye, it's on the upper eyelid.  I've had it for over 6 months and it doesn't seem to be going away.  It doesn't hurt or itch.  I want to know if I should get it checked out or whether I should continue to wait and see if it will clear up on its own.
Hi, I am a community leader here not a doctor. I have a lot of experience helping eye patients including myself. Welcome to our community..

See an eye MD, an ophthalmologist.You can find one at www.aao.org

The doctor will review this posting. If he can guide you better, he will comment.

I hope you are better soon.
check it out.

JCH III MD
Thanks to both of you for your replies...however, I have seen a doctor, 2 in fact, and they both say nothing is wrong. Yet the lump is still there. Maybe lump is the wrong word. Seems more like the top of the eyelid itself that is swollen, sometimes very slight, other times quite large. Still no affect on vision and no paid.
-
I have those on both of my eyes and have been told they are cholestrol deposits from having high cholestrol.  You need to mention that to your doctor.  I am having mine surically removed by a plastic surgeon since i have been told they will not go away by themselves.  Hope this helps.  Check with your doctor for sure.
-
Thanks for helping!