Eye Care Community
white haze in eye after yag surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

white haze in eye after yag surgery

I went to an eye clinic in Baton rouge for an eye exam & was told I needed cataract surgery right away in both eyes one week apart. This clinic is advertised on tv constantly and being new here I was taken and so was my vision. I had catarac surgery in the left eye in April of '06, afterwards.my vision in that eye was blurry.Whatever procedure he used left me with an indented line on the left side of my eye and wrinkles under the eye because of a tight bandage that was removed the next day. I've been to several doctors since then because my vision got so bad I could no longer read a license plate on the car before me. I now know I didn't need the surgery, the lens were not powered correctly and this man has ruin my life and should have his license revoked because I hear it's a common occurence with that clinic, almost everyone is told they need surgey. I wanted the lens replaced but was told they were clamp lens (don't know what that means} & couldn't be removed.  In 2008 after seeing so many different drs & developing huge bags beneath the left eye I had yag surgery done in New Orleans  for scar tissue. I noticed right after the procedure when I blinked it felt like a membrane or something went down like a curtain in my left eye and expressed my concern to the doctor but he didn't seem concerned and gave no explanation. Since then the vision in that eye has deterioated, I cannot see clearly any more out of it and there's this white haze all the time that the right eye doesn't have, the halos at night are so bad I can no longer safely drive at night. I feel like I'm losing my sanity as well as my sight. I've been back to see the doctor that did the yag surgery and the retna surgeon that referred me to him and was told nothing is wrong so now I sense a cover up. lately I've been experiencing slight pain in the left eye and I"m terrified. Can anyone please tell me what is going on with my eye and where in this country can I find a competent doctor. I would appreciate any advise or suggestions, thank you..
Tags: eyes
Get a second opinion on your problem from the department of ophthalmology at LSU. JCH MD