Eye Care Expert Forum
white milky eye
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

white milky eye

I am a college student.  I am rewriting "A Tell-Tale Heart" from the old old man's point of view.  In the story he has a white milky eye.  I want to give his eye some background.  I want him to be angry about it.  So I need an injury that would cause a white-milky eye that would last for a lifetime.  I know this is not an actual medical concern put this report is a large part of my grade and I need it to be accurate.  If anyone knows of anything I would greatly appreciate the help.
2078052 tn?1331936700
There are many conditions which could cause this appearance.  Prior eye surgeries such as cataract surgery with corneal edema (swelling), a failed or rejected corneal transplant, or a scarred cornea from a chemical injury such as an alkali burn are some.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
233488 tn?1310696703
John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
Discover Vision Centers of Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity