Eye Care Expert Forum
white spot in eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

white spot in eye
when i woke up this morning i noticed that when i blink there is a white spot in my right eye, like a little light. i can see it every time i blink and it doesn't move. what could this be?
It could be an ocular migraine, or flashes from a retinal tear, or perhaps you were staring into a bright light.  If it doesn't go away in a few hours,  you should go to see an eye md ophthalmologist to have it checked out.

MJK MD
well, i'ts gone today. i definiately wasn't staring into a bright light but i do have a history of migraines. but they are very different - i get the weird moving thing in both eyes the same. this was like a bright dot of light that i could only see upon blinking and just after. i called my eye doctor and she didn't seem too concerned. she did tell me to look at the ansler grid on my computer and i could still see where the spot was on that. but i can't see it when i blink anymore.
i'm still quiet worried by all this as my mother went blind from macular generation when she was in her late fifties.