Eye Care Community
white spot in iris

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

white spot in iris

I have a white spot on my iris and I am concerned. My eye doctor said it was due to lack of oxygen in the eye and to put preservative free drops in my eye to help produce tears. She also gave me a prescription for more potent drops, but that didn't get rid of the white blur either. That was a couple years ago and I don't know if this will turn into something serious or not. I don't feel seeing that eye doctor helped. I don't wear glasses, it doesn't blur my vision, and I feel like the spot is getting bigger. Can someone tell me what this is?

http://wellnesstreehouse.com/images/eye.jpg
Looks like a photoshop job. If that's really your eye then you need to get in to see a cornea specialist Eye MD ophthalmologist very soon.

JCH MD