Eye Care Community
white spot inside bottom eyelid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

white spot inside bottom eyelid

Hi, I have been diagnosed with viral pink eye and am diabetic. I have had this for 2 weeks now and have been using the eye drops as prescribed. I now have a what looks like a piece of white skin lining the inside of my bottom eyelid. a friend of mine had this and she said it's something to do with the mebrane and it holds bacteria and the doctor will have to remove it. Do you know what this could be and is it dangerous? Thank you for taking the time to answer.
If your pink eye (conjunctivitis) is improving then I don't think you need worry now.  A membranous conjunctivitis is a severe problem and the membranes are huge and yellow-white sheets along the upper and lower membrane.  You could be seeing a white collection of oil like material called a concretion that frequently form along the back surface of the upper and lower eyelid. They usually have a smooth coat over them and don't hurt or cause problems.

If the area becomes painful, swollen or irritating go back for the Ophthalmologist (Eye MD) to re-examine. If you heal completely and the eye feels fine don't worry. With your diabetes you need to see an Eye MD every year. Next visit ask the Eye MD physician what it is.

JCH III MD
Hello.  I have a small lump on the inside of my bottom eyelid on inside corner.  I first noticed it in July.  It is not noticible on me.  I can feel it if I press on it with a finger and some times when I am very tired.  When I peel the eyelid back, the lump can be seen and it is white.  It really has not seemed to change in its size.  Please let me know if this is something that may be life threatening.  Thank you for your time.
Hey, my Girlfriend has been wearing contacts for around a year now and hasnt had any problems except a yellowy orange spot under neath her top eye lid, about 1-2mm in circumference. any idea what this is ?
thanks.
-
I have a small white spot under the lower half of my eye lid.  I popped it and it started oozing a little bit of blood.  I thought it was a clogged pore or something, but with the blood now, I'm not so sure.  Any idea what it could be so that I can try to google the image of it to verify the problem?
My 6 years old  daughter has a white dot on her upper eye lid, i don't know how to get read of it, please someone tell what this is.. Thanks
i am 11 and i have a white spot under my top eyelid, its really irratating and my eyes get red and itchy,

please tell me how to get rid of it, i'm really scared if something happens to my eye! :(