Eye Care Community
white spot on eyeball, not on lens

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

white spot on eyeball, not on lens

Hi. My 9mo old baby boy has a slightly raised white blemish on his eyeball under the eyelid. He rubs his eyes when he's tired, but he rubs the eye with the "spot" more. It's not a pimple-like bump. It almost looks like something got on the eye and didn't get off and the eye formed a protective "crust" to protect itself. I'm wondering if it's a cataract bcuz it's not actually on the lens, but under the eyelid. When he's looking at you, you can't tell it's there. You have to gently push back the eyelid to see it. Any ideas?
A cataract would apear as a white spot and completeness of the black pupil. Ask your pediatrician to take a look.

JCHMD
thank you. but he doesn't go back to the doctor until his 1yo checkup in february. do u think this is something i need to have looked at sooner?
yes, in the near future
JCHMD