Eye Care Community
white spots on cornea

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

white spots on cornea

I have been experiencing eye pain for a month or so.  It started in September, went away and now is back. My right eye is red with a constant burning/stinging feeling.  It also feels as though something is constantly in my eye.  I also experience little stabbing pains.  I went to an eye doctor who examined me and said I have white spots on my cornea.  He suspects it is a virus and recommended I stop wearing my contact lenses for a month.  He said I needed more oxygen to get into my eye and to give the contact lenses a break.  What do you suggest? What could this be?  
I can't tell you exactly your problem but 90+% of the time its the contact lens and an indication to stop wearing them, or wear them correctly, or cut down the wearing time. Continuing to wear contacts when the eye is red and uncomfortable can cause serious problems.

Leave the contacts out. See a Eye MD ophthalmologist that specializes in cornea/refractive   and determine: 1 is it the contact 2 should you give up contacts 3 should you well the contact less or try a different type 4. is it something else 5 would it be safer to consider refractive surgery.

JCH MD
Thank you very much for your quick response and your time. I appreciate it.  I have an eye appointment today with an opthamologist.  Have a great day!
Best of luck
JCH MD