Eye Care Community
whitish yellow thing inside eyelid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

whitish yellow thing inside eyelid

For the past several months (that I am aware of) I have had a small whitish/yellow lump inside my lower eyelid that extends to the rim, where it looks like an indentation. it's very small and mainly noticeable when i pull my eyelid away from my eye, though I can see the indentation on the rim.

Could it be a sebaceous cyst - i know it's not a stye or a chalazion?

Yes. Have it checked out by an eye md
JCH II MD
Thank you, doctor. Is there anything I can be doing at home? How do I do a warm compress without irritating the eye?

It looks like the problem itself began on the very edge of the rim and now some sort of "stuff" is trapped just under the membrane on the inside of the lid.

I am a real worrier, especially since it has not going away by itself. Is it possible to get a skin cancer on the rim/inside of you eyelid? (I am 40 and always wear sunglasses outdoors.)

If you are 40 you need a complete eye exam. you can try warm compresses. Yes you can get skin cancer on the eyelid.

JCH IIJMD
i have a hole on the inside of my lower eye lid it makes my eyelid hurt it almost looks like someing took a little needle a poked a hole there im just wondering what it is cause i wear contacts and it is hurting