why do i see in a round plate-like area ?
Seems to be only at night when i have gone to bed and closed my eyes for a few minutes that what i see when i open my eyes is 'framed' in a circle like the area of a plate.   It is as if i see a camera shutter in progressive stages of opening. The more the shutter opens the more I see.  The room is usually nearly dark and it goes away quickly if I keep my eyes open.  However, if I open and close them several times in quick repetition, it will repeat each time. So far, it has never failed to go away.  As I use a computer many hours of each day, I have to wonder if it is related.

Probably myopic since birth, but, only discovered when I couldn't keep up in first grade.  I was in high school before I was properly fit with glasses.  My mother cried when she realized that I had lived that long and hadn't even seen the individual leaves on trees unless I was VERY close to them.  I am 67 years old now.  I have had high blood pressure  since I was 40 years old which is hard to control and some minor cardiac problems.  My families have arthritis running rampant through them and I certainly have my share of it.  Several doctors have pointed to the fact that I have a high threshold for pain which must be the contributing factor to how hard it is for any cardiologist to get a grip on my blood pressure.  It is somewhat like riding a roller coaster.  High -- low --- all over the place.  It is the the stated opinion of my cardiologist that I have arthritic pain that exists long before I feel it.  His approach has been to prescribe small doses of a pain killer which I take every day when I take my other meds.  Guess what?  It does seem that that has made a marked positive effect.  The blood pressure is not what I would like it to be but, at least, we do manage now to keep it mostly under 150.  

One other thing I need to mention, is that I have taken Serrapeptase and Nattokinase 3x daily for one month 4 months ago.  About 2 weeks after I started taking it, the mild angina which I have experience almost daily for years has become almost non-existent.  I have used nitroglycerin patches for years to control it.  Now, I haven't used even one in the last 3 months.

This may be a migraine variant.  Please see a neurologist.

Dr. O.