Eye Care Expert Forum
will I recover from Astigmatism

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

will I recover from Astigmatism
I was diagnosed with mild to moderate astigmatism. Although the doctor didn't tell me what degree though.

I think I had some trauma to my eyes a few times when I fell asleep and pressed my eyes on my forearm while at my graveyard shift.

i'm on corrective glasses and truth is, I can see without any difficulty with or without my glasses, although there's a slight difference as with my glasses, my eyes don't tire out easily and the slight almost imperceptible blur when looking at objects far away is gone.

I'd like to to ask, will this be cured? or do I need to wear glasses forever?

Btw, I'm 27 years old and work as an online writer.
Astigmatism is not an eye disease; it is a refractive error of the eye, such as nearsightedness or farsightedness.  It is due to a difference in the powers of the cornea (different corneal curvatures) at different locations.  Astigmatism is corrected while you are wearing glasses or contact lenses, or more permanently with surgery such as LASIK.  However, since you are able to see fairly well without your glasses, the degree of astigmatism is probably not high enough to warrant surgery.
Thank you very  much for the reply!