Eye Care Expert Forum
worrying about vision
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

worrying about vision

I have recently moved house around 3 weeks ago, during this process i lost my glasses, but as i wear contact lenses there was no urgency. I began wearing my contacts 24/7, literally from waking up to going to bed, daily disposable, never giving my eyes a break. Now I don't know if I'm paranoid or whether there is something genuinely wrong, there more i think about it the more i worry, however if i do manage to take my mind of it, it doesn't seem to bother me, so I'm guessing its a mental. Anyway, i decided to get my eyes checked out and went to specsavers, had a vision and contact lenses check, both confirming my eyes are absolutely fine, a little weaker on vision as expected and very dry, however wearing glasses more will resolve this problem.
I cant define what i feel is wrong, but it seems i cant focus properly in detail on light coloured surfaces/objects, then the more i notice it the more i try to focus, i can read fine, see long distance, strong light doesn't cause any discomfort, but light colours seem blotchy somehow, i can still see the colour, but it isnt whole, also my job involves a lot of face to fact contact with clients, and focusing on faces seems difficult too. Now i don't know if if this is just anxiety, or whether this makes sense at all, its hard to explain as i don't fully understand myself. But if anyone can pull anything out of this, please feel free to offer ur opinion.
2078052_tn?1331936700
I would recommend a complete exam with an ophthalmologist, to be sure that there is nothing wrong with the retina.  Some of your symptoms suggest an issue with the retina.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
233488_tn?1310696703
John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
Discover Vision Centers of Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
1731421_tn?1358826971
Timothy D McGarity, M.D.Blank
Timothy D. McGarity, M.D. P.C.
Columbia, MO
711220_tn?1251894727