Eye Care Expert Forum
x-rays with ReStor implants

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

x-rays with ReStor implants
When I had my ReSTOR implant I was cautioned against any x-rays or scans of the head. Is it safe to go through airport scanners? I travel a lot. Do they cover the head or just the body?
I am not aware of any problems going through airport scanners with any intraocular lens implant.  This would be a major problem considering the number of people traveling having had cataract removal and intraocular implants, thus if this were true, it would be a poor business decision to make them as such.  However, if it is listed specifically on their company website or there is anything in writing, I would be happy to know of this issue.