Eye Care Expert Forum
yellow spots in eyes

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

yellow spots in eyes

Hello, I am 15 years old. My eyes used to be white and sparkly but now I have been noticing that there seems to be yellow stains in them. It's not yellow all over just the part that you can see because when I open my eyes really wide, the parts above and below are white. In my right eye especially, there is like a bloodshot thing. It is not red but kinda yellow close to brown. lately, I don't know if it's my imagination or what but lately it seems to be getting worse. How do I get rid of these yellow stains in my eyes and the bloodshot thing. I have used visine and it clears up the blodd vessels when I am tired but the yellow remains.
Dear Chanel63,

I would not recommend that you use visine.  It is a medicine which constricts blood vessels.  When the medicine wears off, sometimes, the eyes can become redder. I would recommend that you seek the care of an eyeMD to determine the cause of the discoloration.  It might be related to sun exposure.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California
I have used Visine and it does not make the yellow go away nor the brown spot. Is there another medicine you would prescribe?

And what do you think the brown spot is?
A related discussion, My eyeballs are yellow how do i get them back whit was started.