Eye Care Expert Forum
yellow spots in eyes

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

yellow spots in eyes
I have yellow spots in both eyes from the Iris to the tissue. What causes these? What can I do to get ride of them?
Chronic sun and wind exosure can cause damage to the conjuctiva.  These damaged, yellow areas are called pinguecula and to care for them you should use wraparound sunglasses, avoid lots of wind and sun, use artificial tears like Genteal or Thera-tears frequently.  They will not go away, unfortunately.

MJK MD
I think you can have them removed.  What is so odd.....I have one also, but I almost never get in the sun and have always worn sun glasses.