FOUR CORNER / SNAC WRIST / SCAPHOID EXCISION / CARPAL ARTHRODESIS / SPI...
2 years after four corner fusion
About This Group:

FOUR CORNER SNAC WRIST SCAPHOID EXCISION CARPAL ARTHRODESIS SPIDER PLATE SCAPHOID NECROSIS WRIST FUSION WRIST ARTHRODESIS

Founded by lerrymoe on October 30, 2009
22 members

2 years after four corner fusion

hmm where to start, lets see, I am a perfectly healthy 31 year old man, very active but i was in a terrible atv accident in 2010 that left me with a shattered wrist but only one broken bone, "the scaphoid" 6 months later that bone decided to die leaving me with a great deal of pain. the Dr recommended a 4 corner fusion. i had this done november 2010. the surgery was very painful for me for a bout 3 days. a few weeks later things seemed to be getting better until i was able to remove the brace and get back to normal life. normal life? well things are not normal anymore i can no longer do the things i enjoy, like mt. biking, golfing, weight lifting, even crawling on the ground with my children is impossible do to extreme pain when pressure is applied to the wrist. I have learned to deal with the pain and continue doing these things that i love, and let me just say i do this drug free too!!! i made my self a promise that i would not resort to anything for pain except Tylenol or Advil!!! this pain is a reminder to me that i could have been dead and left my children with out a father.

needless to say things just keep getting worse for me. I work in the aeronautics industry where i do air-framing for the famous C-130, this type of work involves intense vibrations witch are very painful for me on a daily basis, but again i work through the pain because this is a good way to provide for my family, until recently!!!! i was moved to a position building leading edges of wings, it was difficult for me to get my wrist into these tight places do to little movement of the wrist, well long story short my wrist refracted in the union and as a result I was let go because i could not perform my duties at work anymore :( ..... so i wish the best to anyone else who has this surgery
Tags: four corner fustian, lost job due to wrist fusion
txdrew joined this group
Welcome them!
08/13
Celio2013 joined this group
Welcome them!
03/13
rockcrawler920 joined this group
Welcome them!
12/12