FOUR CORNER / SNAC WRIST / SCAPHOID EXCISION / CARPAL ARTHRODESIS / SPI...
HELP!! I'M HURTING...DOC WANTS TO CUT AGAIN!!
About This Group:

FOUR CORNER SNAC WRIST SCAPHOID EXCISION CARPAL ARTHRODESIS SPIDER PLATE SCAPHOID NECROSIS WRIST FUSION WRIST ARTHRODESIS

Founded by lerrymoe on October 30, 2009
22 members

Should I have surgery again or not???  The deal is that in August  2011 I fell tore a ligament and fractured my scaphoid/radius.  I am a nurse and my doctor gave me the news of the tear and gave me the options of the surgeries. They were SLAP, 4 corner fusion and partial carpectomy.  Well, being a nurse...I wanted to start with the most non-invasive /shortest recovery. So, went with SLAP...in Dec 2011.  I went through all the PT and so on off work...blah blah...still hurting BAD!!! Well, my doctor said he thinks that the surgery didn't stabilize my wrist good and suggested either the 4 corner or the proximal row carpectomy.  So, I had the 4 corner wrist fusion done, I got the pins out last May and been doing PT...and I am still having ALOT of pain and the pain is under the ulnar side of the wrist (under the thumb) and on top.  It swells alot and sometimes my pinkie and ring finger go numb on the end.  I also feel like I have to pull on my wrist to get relief (sorta like cocking a shotgun).  I have had steroid injections and done oral steroids and anti-inflammatories from my doctor.  He said it may be a bone fragment in there or I my need a tendon release....What is y'alls thoughts???  Sorry...just sick of being cut on!!!
txdrew joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 01
Celio2013 joined this group
Welcome them!
03/13
rockcrawler920 joined this group
Welcome them!
12/12