FOUR CORNER / SNAC WRIST / SCAPHOID EXCISION / CARPAL ARTHRODESIS / SPI...
Vascularized Bone Graft (VBG)
About This Group:

FOUR CORNER SNAC WRIST SCAPHOID EXCISION CARPAL ARTHRODESIS SPIDER PLATE SCAPHOID NECROSIS WRIST FUSION WRIST ARTHRODESIS

Founded by lerrymoe on October 30, 2009
22 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Vascularized Bone Graft (VBG)

What a joy to find this community!

I've just been diagnosed with Preiser's via MRI, and the orthopedic surgeon is recommending a VBG.  Given the rarity of Preiser's, I want to be sure to get a doctor who has done this unusual surgery often - I've gotten rather attached to functionality of my hand!

Any ideas how to find a surgeon experienced with this surgery? I live in Boston, which has a huge medical community, but will travel to find the right doc.  I hear there's a great surgeons in Houston.  Advice will be greatly appreciated!
3 Comments
Blank
Welcome.  I was happy to find this community too but it is very quiet.  I know nothing of Preiser's.  Sorry.  Hope someone else does
Blank
Perhaps I should clarify... I have necrosis of the scaphoid, which I'm told is called Preiser's disease.  I'd appreciate any input/ideas from other members!

Thanks,
Susan
Blank
CHeck out Lerrymoe on this discussion,  He has Preisers and wrist surgery.
http://www.medhelp.org/personal_pages/user/1000775

I'm at three months with my partial fusion and don't have a lot of good words to say yet.  No complications idenitfied, just really sore, weak, and stiff wrist.  Hopefully more time will tell a good story.
Blank
Recent Activity
Blank
txdrew joined this group
Welcome them!
08/13
5024256_tn?1362489057
Blank
Celio2013 joined this group
Welcome them!
03/13
Blank