Family Health Expert Forum
4 year old with enlarged tonsil
About This Forum:

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

4 year old with enlarged tonsil

About 6 months ago the dentist told me that my 4-year old daughter has large tonsils. She also has a submucous cleft palate.Recently she was seen at a routine doctors appointment involving her cleft and the doctor seemed concerned that her tonsils were still large. He said that the left one was bigger than the other and that she also had fluid in her left ear as well as a small lymph node behind her ear. He refered us to an ENT doctor and gave us the impression that this could be a malignancy. My daughter has not complained of feeling sick or anything like that. occaisionaly she says she has a sore throat, but never anything significant. I am panicking right now because everything I find online says this could be lymphoma! Is this possible? I am terrified of my little girl having something wrong with her. please help!