Family Health Expert Forum
Afraid

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Afraid

I made the stupid decision to do cocaine and now I have a bad sinus infection. I need antibiotics but I'm afraid the doctor will be able to tell what I did. Is that true? Will the doctor know that the cause was from cocaine?
nope, the doctor wouldn't be able to tell.

even if you've used it so much for so long that you've developed thinning or even a hole in your septum, the doctor would be held by professional ethics not to share that information with anyone unless ordered to by court.

they'd treat you for sinusitis without being prejudiced against you.