Family Health Expert Forum
Arm Pain with finger numbness/tingling
About This Forum:

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Arm Pain with finger numbness/tingling

For sometime now I have been experiencing mild pain and discomfort in my little finger.  I put this down to the ageing (aging) process - I am 61.

However, I recently experienced a sudden shooting type pain in my left arm, which appeared to radiate from the elbow into the lower arm and was excruciatingly.  The pain subsisted for approximately 10 minutes before it started to ease.  Since then all of my fingers have a felt slightly tingly and weak.

I did not have any accompanying pain in my chest, nor did I feel nauseous or breathless.

My arm still feels very tender, although I have not experienced the excruciating pain again - thus far.

Have you any suggestions?  Should I get my heart checked out just in case?  I had a check up a few months ago and everything was fine.

Many thanks

Morky