Family Health Expert Forum
Blood Test Results and their meaning
About This Forum:

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Blood Test Results and their meaning

I recently visited my doctor and he of course took a blood test (three vials I think), and he just sent me an email which indicated that my blood count and liver function tests and blood clotting were all normal. Does this mean that I definitely do not have any strain of Hepatitis or cancers, or do those illnesses require additional specific blood tests? The reason I am curious is because for instance, I have a few skin cancers on my face (not the virulent kind), which I will soon be getting checked by a dermatologist, so I am curious as to how my blood count was normal if I have a few small skin cancers on my face? Wouldn't some sort of malignancy or irregular blood cell count show up in this blood test? I suppose what I am asking is....can I feel a sense of relief with these "normal" results, or is it possible that other underlying blood problems possibly exist, but that the doctor would have to do further testing on the blood for those to show up?