Blurred vision after exercise
Hello
I am male 46 yr old, good shape , Non smoker
BP normal, heart rate 55 bpm
Recently had stress echo and everything looked good
Blood work is also normal

The past 2 years after most soccer games I will have some
vision problems. This starts anywhere from 15 mins to 1 hour after I stop playing. My visual field is not totally gone but rather there will be an area that I have to concentrate or look at a few times to make it out. Its as if there is a squiggley line . These episodes last about 20 minutes then disappear

For instance last Monday I trained fairly vigorously inside for about an hour with heart beat usually about 130-150 bpm when I play soccer. About an hour after playing it came on again??

I typically drink about 500 ml of water when I train and want to know if this is enough? I dont thnk I am dehydrated.

Could it be blood pressure dropping/or increasing or could it be blood sugar related?? My blood sugar on tests look normal

I had a more scary occasion last year when after about 90 mins of running hard I got a bit dizzy, I made it back to my car as it was 30 feet away, and when I got inside my vision went black, flickering for about 3 seconds then returned to normal

Any ideas ...Thanks
One consideration to check is to ensure there are no stroke-like symptoms.  Changes in blood pressure and blood sugar may also contribute, but I would first rule out cerebrovascular disease.

A carotid ultrasound would be a reasonable test to consider.  A more comprehensive test would be an MRI of the brain and MRA of the neck vessels.  A referral to a neurologist would also be appropriate if all the tests are negative.  If there is no evidence of a stroke, an opthomology referral can be considered for further testing.  

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Thanks,
Kevin, M.D.