Family Health Expert Forum
Bruises, muscle pain, diarrhea, shooting pain, overheating and now fati...
About This Forum:

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Font Size:
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Bruises, muscle pain, diarrhea, shooting pain, overheating and now fatigue

I have had lots of test run and they all came up with me having normal health. I have had Stool samples taken the type that go into tubes of liquid and the type that are smeared on a card. I  had multiple blood tests which lead to the last one that was an "ana panel" they all came up normal except one.  The doctor did not elaborate enough for me to understand what was wrong except that the "ana panel" was ordered because of it and the "ana panel" came back fine so it was nothing.
Symptom history from oldest symptom on.

Overheating to the point that I lay on top of the covers even when it's mid sixties in room every night - going on 18months

Muscle pain that I can only describe as being like growing pains. This is not every day but once or more a month real bad Scolding hot bath takes it away after half hour - going on 18 month

Diarrhea that
Related Discussions
233190 tn?1278553401
With the ANA panel drawn, it seems like your physician was suspicious about some sort of rheumatological disorder.  I would agree with this approach.  In addition, I would also test for various muscle enzymes, including CK levels, ALT/AST, and LDH levels.  If there continues to be muscle pain, you can consider a muscle biopsy in the area of concern for further evaluation.

Thyroid tests as well as tests for inflammation - ESR and C-reactive protein - can also be considered.

Regarding the diarrhea, a colonoscopy or flexible sigmoidoscopy can be considered to evaluate for inflammatory bowel disease - which can also manifest with joint and muscle complaints.  Tests for malabsorption (via stool tests) and celiac disease (via blood tests) can also be considered.

I would consider a referral to a rheumatologist for further evaluation.  

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Medical Weblog:
Avatar m tn

   Hi  You might want to also consider asking for a "Prothrombin time" blood test.  Your symptoms of bruising for no reason and fleeting pains in various areas of the body could indicate a problem with one of the various clotting factors of the blood. Malabsorption could be involved as well, and that can cause the prothrombin time to increase thus causing the bruising , muscle pain,  and fatigue.

Continue discussion Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now