Family Health Expert Forum
Bump/Lump on Forehead
About This Forum:

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Bump/Lump on Forehead

I noticed about 6 months ago a lump on my forehead. I have not had any head injury, I just one day noticed a small lump. I have no pain and have had no headaches. The lump is still there and hasn't seemed to grow. What could this lump be?
Related Discussions
Thank you for visiting the Family Practice Forum.

Quite commonly people will develop sebaceous cysts on their head and neck. A sebaceous (or epidermoid) cyst is a noncancerous swelling under the skin. It is lined by packed outer skin cells. The cyst itself is filled with oil or dead cells. Under certain conditions such as stress, increased activity, mechanical irritation, diabetes, or other concurrent illness these cysts may enlarge and become somewhat tender. On occasion, these cysts will be drained by the physician and antibiotics will be prescribed. Warm moist compresses will commonly help bring these cysts
1 Comment
Blank
Hi my son has one of these wierd bumps on his belly on the right side of his tummy we have not had it taken off yet but plan to his 7 The dr says the same thing hemotoma like thing cyst. wow
Blank
In my haste to rush around, I bumped into a door about 3 weeks ago (hosting a chaotic slumber party for my 9 yr old!)  I had a golf ball lump on my forehead just above my eyebrow.  I put some ice on it for an hour or so and even though it shrunk, It stayed swollen for a few days and today, it is still present!  It has gone down a lot but how long do these things last? Thanks.

Lori
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...