Family Health Expert Forum
Cervix that bleeds easily on pelvic exam
About This Forum:

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Cervix that bleeds easily on pelvic exam

I went to for my annual exam. My last pap smear was normal, all my cultures have been normal and have been tested for STDs and have been negative. I am on the ortha evra patch. I have been with the same guy( my first) for the past 2 years and we are both monagamous. I am only his second. I went for my annual this year to a different ob/gyn ,he said my cervix bleed eaily upon touch. This has never happened before, and i do not bleed after sex. He said it might cervical ectropion. But he did a pap smear and vaginal culture. I am very upset and worried? Should I be worried even though my last exam was completely normal. Why is my cervix bleeding upon touch? I have also had thin white vaginal discharge but my old ob/gyn said it was because of bacterial vaginosis and he gave me met, but all my cultures were normal and he did wet mount and found no clue cells or trichomonas and I took it,he said it might be just an overgrowth my vaginal flora? Could this be a reason? How is it possible everything was normal? I am awaiting for this pap smear and vaginal culture? Should I be worried?