Family Health Expert Forum
Contact Lenses
About This Forum:

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Contact Lenses

I am suffering from Recurrent Erosion Syndrome in one eye due to a corneal injury I incurred about a year ago.  When it happens, it is very, very painful.  One method of dealing with this condition (among several ones) is the use of bandage contact lenses.  Now, I know that contact lenses come in different sizes and shapes, but my questions is:

Are there bandage contact lenses for patients who may have very small pupils because they (the patients) are very small, perhaps as small as midgets -- in fact, are there bandage contact lenses for midgets?

Sincerely and with many thanks.

Related Discussions
Thank you for visiting the Family Practice Forum.
Bandage Contact Lenses (also called Hydrogel lenses) can be used to reduce discomfort from corneal epithelial defects, to protect the cornea from drying, or mechanical trauma, and to promote corneal wound healing. They are indicated for use with recurrent corneal erosion, corneal dystrophy, postoperatively or with a condition known as
0 Comments
Blank
The contact lens is fitted to one's eye based on the curvature of the cornea, known as the "Base Curve." Your pupil area has nothing to do with the size of the contact lens. Additionally, the pupil is well inside the eye, and thus has no bearing on the size of the contact lens. The standard "band-aid" contact lens will be sized in conjunction with the base curve of your eye. Your Optometrist, or Ophthalmologist (Ophthalmologists are more geared to disease, and surgery, Optometrists are geared more towards checking eyes, and fitting contact lenses) will know what you need, and fit you accordingly.

Blue skies!
Blank
A related discussion, Contact Lens? was started.
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979