Family Health Expert Forum
Dizziness, weakness and other strange symptoms
About This Forum:

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Dizziness, weakness and other strange symptoms

I had a bad case of dizziness on Jan. 26 and went to the ER. I also had very weird sensations in my limbs like they were very weak and heavy. They gave me an EKG and bloodwork and was told they were normal. A few days later, I developed a nasty cold. The cold ended up going to my chest and my Dr. prescribed Zithromax. I finished the Zithromax on Sunday.  On Monday while sitting at my desk at work, I had an attack of vertigo. I went to the Dr. and he said I probably had an inner ear virus. He gave me Meclizine and told me it may take a few weeks before I felt better. I have continued to have spells of dizziness/vertigo. When I went to bed last night, I started with shaking chills and broke out in a cold sweat. I fell asleep and woke up an hour later with the shaking chills but this time, my heart was beating very rapidly. I did not take my pulse but I imagine it was at least 150 bpm. After about 2 minutes, my heart rate went back to normal. I crawled back in bed and continued to have the cold chills/sweats. Again, I have no fever.  Does this sound like a typical inner ear virus? I can't imagine tachycardia occurs with a run of the mill virus.  I feel like it is something besides an inner ear infection and the real problem is being overlooked.  Perhaps some neurological disorder that follows an illness like a cold?  Meningitis? Today, I feel tired with weak limbs, cold, shaky and I feel like I have a hard time keeping my head up straight.  My neck is not stiff but it does feel strange.