Family Health Expert Forum
Dizzy for 3 days

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Dizzy for 3 days

I've been experiencing light headed or dizziness for the last 3 days.  It becomes easily noticeable when I'm on the computer or driving.  There is no headaches but i do have slight general fatigue and weakness in the legs.  
I am a smoker and coffee drinker of 10 years and occasionally smoke Marijuana.  I work on a computer most of the day at work and home.   I noticed the dizziness after a night of drinking, However I usually don't drink.
I assumed it was a hangover but the dizziness has not gone away yet. I also recently bought an inversion machine for hanging upside down.  I've owned it for almost two weeks, and did use the machine a few days prior to this starting. I wonder if this has anything to do with the dizziness?  
The dizziness is pretty persistent throughout the day, and usually only get relief when I lay down.  I've been eating well and drinking lots of fluids, And have never encountered symptoms like this in my past.  I'm 27 years old and fairly healthy, as the weather has gotten nicer I've been a lot more active.  In the last two weeks I've gotten many workouts.  I also hadn't eaten much the weekend this started, so i dismissed the initial dizzy spells as low blood sugar.  But 3 days later, I'm still dizzy all day long.  Someone please Help

Adam      
There are many reasons for dizziness.  This can include ENT or neurologic causes.  A viral inner ear infection would be one of the more common causes, and this is normally self-limiting.  Sometimes physical therapy can help with these cases.

If the dizziness persists, further evaluation, including an MRI, evoked potentials and a hearing test can be performed.

I will also consider a neurology and/or an ENT evaluation as well.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
Adam, just out of couriosity why would you want to hang upside down? I think if I would try that I would definitely be dizzy for a long time.
I have been doing sort of the same thing, but mine are more like the room moves for a second, then my lips and hands get a tingly numb feeling for 3-4 seconds. I will have spells lasting several days where this happens every few minutes, and like you I do alot of computer work at home and office. Doctors can't find anything wrong.  I think there are just so many causes to dizzyness that it is impossible to know what is going on.  One person suggested that hormones can cause dizziness too.  I dont see how the upside down stuff would help the condition...  Someone also mentioned that cardio problems can cause dizziness.  Do you have and preexisting conditions that could attribute to it or have you changed any medications?