Family Health Expert Forum
Doctor Letter
About This Forum:

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Doctor Letter

I would like to know what to say to an MD to write a doctor letter?

I have hearing loss and tinnitus which was due to my time spent in Viet Nam working on Helicopter Jet Engines and dealing with constant rocket attacks.  I can not get a VA doctor to give me a written statement to present to the board because they state there is no evidence that my hearing loss was due to my tour in Viet Nam however back then they did not give you a hearing test before being drafted nor after your return so no evidence, no compensation.

Can anyone help with a letter or give guidance on how to approach a Medical Doctor for a letter stating that it is more likely than not my hearing difficulties are related to aircraft engine repair while in the military?

The letter needs to look somewhat like the below.
Thanks in advance for any assistance

Your Letterhead

February 21, 2010

Dept of Veterans Affairs
Camp Dodge
1969 Vet Road.
Johnston, IA  50131-1824

Re: Mr. No Can Hear  
        SSN --- -- ----

Dear Dept of Veterans Affairs:
Mr. No Can Hear complains of decreased hearing and tinnitus.  During his period of service in the military, (Viet Nam) he was exposed to several different types of helicopter jet engines on a recurring basis as a mechanic.  It is my opinion it is more likely than not that Mr. No Can Hear hearing loss difficulties are related to his exposure to aircraft engine noise during his time of military service.

Sincerely,

Your name with signature above.