Family Health Expert Forum
Dully achy upper chest and heart pains, dark brown spectum, need advice...
About This Forum:

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Dully achy upper chest and heart pains, dark brown spectum, need advice - don't know where to go

I currently live in Mexico and don't have access to competent care.  After months of symptoms and reoccurring infection, I am seeking advice for a referral for competent heath care.  I will be returning for one week to Denver, Colorado and need advice scheduling appointments and tests.

Below are some of my symptoms and I am not sure how to go about seting up appointments with the appropriate people so when I arrive, I can make sure I get the care I need.  

Symptoms
Related Discussions
233190_tn?1278553401
Difficult to say without evaluation.  

Chronic dark sputum can be due to infection.  Imaging the lungs (with a CT scan) should be done to exclude this possibility.  Sending the sputum off to the lab for culture and analysis can be considered as well.  

If the symptoms continue, a bronchoscopy can be considered to rule out possible cancer.  

A referral to a pulmonologist can be considered to discuss this option.  

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
1 Comment
Blank
I'd also like to note that living down in mexico, I have suspected my house to have mold/fungal problems, potentially with the A/C leaking into the walls.  The humidity here allows for year round potential for mold, and have felt like mold appears in my house extremely fast and easily.  It's the reason I think I've had so many reoccuring sinus and strep throat infections.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank