Family Health Expert Forum
Enlarged Axillary Lymph Node or Muscle??
About This Forum:

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Enlarged Axillary Lymph Node or Muscle??

I've had a 'lump' in my right armpit for at least a few months.  I honestly can't tell if it's a large swollen lymph node (node would be an inch long), or part of a muscle.  It's located in the upper-back portion of the armpit.  There is no 'lump' in my left armpit, but I can feel a muscle in about the same spot.  I'm right handed, so I'm not sure if it's a muscle that's larger due to use.  I plan on seeing my GP next week, but I wanted to get an outside opinion ahead of the appointment.  Thanks.