Family Health Expert Forum
Head hurts when I cough..
About This Forum:

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Head hurts when I cough..

28 year old male.
Hi about 1-2 months ago i had these following symptoms, and now it has returned.

When I cough, or sneeze moderatly hard to hard, or stoop down I get a bad pain in my left side (left to right) and middle (front to back) of my Head.

The pain happens AS i cough and the harder I cough the worse it hurts and longer it takes to go away. The majority of the pain lasts only as I cough and quickly diminishes.. however if it hurts alot it also lingers around and becomes dull.

** In April of 2002 I had an MRI which was negative **
** In January of 2004 I had a CT scan of head which was neg. **
** In January of 2004 also had CT scan of sinuses which showed sinus membranes was swollen/enlarged (there is another word they used).

Q1: Do you think that I need another MRI, or do you think it is a cough headache ??

Q2: Also the fact that I had it about a month or two ago and it went away (because I know I have sneezed my but off with allergy season recently and didn't experience any pain than).

The problem here is there seems to not be alot of things that can cause this besides a tumor.. so that scares me.