Family Health Expert Forum
Headaches and pain behind ears
About This Forum:

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Headaches and pain behind ears

I am a 30 year old healthy female. About a month ago I started having headaches, mostly in the back part of my head and into my neck on both sides. Along with the headaches I also have some dizziness and a sensation of a loss of balance.  It has been about a month and the headaches continue. On and off I have had this pain behind my ear and jawbone, radiating down my neck. It is similar to the feeling I get after blowing up balloons. It feels swollen, not to the touch but it is a sensation of being swollen, especially when I swallow. It didn't seem that bad at first but now it's really bad. I don't think I have an ear infection or anything. It doesn't actually hurt inside my ears like an earache would. I don't have a fever or any other kind of congestion, so it doesn't seem like cold or an allergy problem. I've never had any real allergies before but recently moved to a new area so maybe I am exposed to something that I was not before. I also had a complete blood workup a few months ago to check for possible rheumatoid arthritis. Everything looked normal. I am at a loss as to what this is. It's really starting to be painful and I am concerned about the continuous headaches. Any advice?