Family Health Expert Forum
Help pleaseee

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Help pleaseee

So I am a VERY picky eater. When I go outside in the hot sun and run around. I sometimes get really light headed and everything I see the color goes into like it's neon form. Like today I ate a pop tart for breakfast and then ate a peanut butter sandwich for lunch then went and played tennis with my brother and I was only out there for like 30 mins and this happened the ball became a brighter green than it was and I started to see like little stars everywhere. I don't know why this happened but it has happened before. Please help
Tags: light
This is a difficult question to answer without being able to review your medical history and find out more information on your specific symptoms but I will do my best.

Some important questions to ask you include: Do these symptoms ever happen at rest? How long does it last for? Do you have any chest pain or shortness of breath with this? What makes it go away?

Assuming no red flags to the above questions and you are otherwise healthy with no medical problems, I would say this sounds most likely related to dehydration and I would recommend you try both eating a balanced diet and drinking more water and see if your symptoms go away. When we are dehydrated we have low circulating blood volume, which can cause low blood pressure, dizziness, fainting, dimming of your vision, and other unpleasant symptoms.

One quick thing -- your picky eating habits! Eating pop tarts for breakfast does not sound like a breakfast that will give you energy and vitality for your day ahead! I would recommend adding some fresh fruits and vegetables, oatmeal, and perhaps an egg. And importantly, drink a lot of water throughout the day. The summers can be very hot and we can get dehydrated without even realizing.

If your symptoms continue or become more frequent, or if you have other symptoms such as loss of consciousness, chest pain, or difficulty breathing, make sure you go see a doctor right away as you may need a further workup to make sure this is not something more serious going on related to your heart or brain.