Family Health Expert Forum
Hemorrhoids
About This Forum:

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hemorrhoids

Hi.  I am a healthy 31 year old male.  I first had a hemorrhoid pop up about 10 years ago in college, induced from straining.  It subsided on its own after a few weeks.  They have reoccurred a few times over the years, but always went away.  About two years ago, I seemed to suffer from some winter constipation, my doctor said I had mild IBS.  I increased fiber and water in my diet.  I am regular and do not to strain anymore.  That being said, the anal area has been a bit puffy/swollen with hemorrhoids since that time, so its been about two years.  They do not bleed or hurt or appear to have gotten any worse.  But they won't go away.  I use moist wipe clothes now instead of paper, never strain, and have tried hydrocortisone and other OTC meds, with little help.  I would like them gone and was wondering what is the easiest, most effective treatment options.  To my knowledge I do not have internal hemorrhoids, just external.  I made an appt with my primary care doc for Monday.

Thanks.