How do I tell my 3 1/2 year old daughter that I am her father?
I have a beautiful 3 1/2 year old daughter that I just found out about in March of this year. My question is how do I tell hr so she understands that I am her father? The details behind why it took so long for me to find out are rather lengthy and complicated. Here are the basics: She was born in August of 2009 and calls my ex's new husband daddy and it breaks my heart. I know that he is all she has ever know as daddy but I am trying to be in her life now that I know about her. I am not mad at her for this as she had nothing to do with the whole situation, but I need her to know who I am. I need help
This sounds like a really challenging situation and I wish I had a good answer for you. I don’t know enough about the situation and your relationship with your ex to be able to advise you appropriately, but a few questions I have are: how sure are you that she is your daughter -- for example, have you done DNA testing? Does your ex’s new husband know that you are her father?  Does your ex want you involved in her daughter’s life? I would recommend you start by talking openly with your ex about the situation and come up with the best plan for the long-term health of your daughter.