Family Health Expert Forum
Hymen

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Hymen

My girlfriend and I have had sex several times.  She was a virgin when we had sex, but when we did it for the first time then she never bled as if either her hymen had not broken or it had already been broken by somebody else.  I was wondering if it is possible not to torn.  We have had sex several times (my guess would be about 25 to 30) so I would have figured that there would have been some blood.  What could be some causes of this?
Thank you for visiting the Family Practice Forum.
Most certainly she does not still have a hymen if you have had sex as many times as you mention. Quite commonly, the woman's hymen will break prior to the first sexual intercourse. Most commonly this occurs in women who are very athletic OR in some situations it may be due to a vaginal examination by the physician when she goes in for her "initial" pap test.
hi,
i was intrested in ur site when i was searching the web for some info...my question is...can masturbation hurt my virginity?? will it breake my hymen to a noticeable degree?? i never inserted any object even my fingers when i practise masturbation.
regards