Itching episiotomy scar and leg pain
I had my only child four years ago and I had an episiotomy during the birth.  Now, four years later, my scar is itching, swollen and irritated.  I also have been having strange feeling in my right leg that feels like something is cutting off the circulation at my upper thigh.  This can continue for days and sometimes moves to my left foot.  When I walk, it feels like the soles of my feet are open wounds.  This feeling also occurs when I use tampons.  I only use tampons a few times a year because I have been taking Depo-Provera shots for four years.  Are these things (scar issues and the leg pain) related?  What could trigger this sort of thing?  I am 23 years old and I have no medical insurance.  Any thoughts on this subject could really save me time and money when I see the doctor!!
I would certainly have the scar evaluated by the gynecologist.  Any type of infection of the scar area can be contributing to your symptoms.  

If the pain is radiating down to your leg, you may also want to consider an evaluation by a neurologist.  There is the possibility that irritation of any nerve can cause this radiation.  One consideration would be the scar tissue causing nerve irritation.  

Irritation of any nerve can also causing the feeling in your feet.  Electrodiagnostic testing (i.e. an EMG) can be considered in conjunction with a neurology referral.  

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Thanks,
Kevin, M.D.