Family Health Expert Forum
Kidney Biopsy
About This Forum:

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Kidney Biopsy

HI again Dr. Keyes,
One last question for you.  When they did my kidney biopsy in the hospital they did it on my left kidney when it is the right kidney that hurts all of the time and the right one that showed hydronephrosis on previous ct scans.  I told the techs this and they said that it did not matter which kidney they did.  How can that be true when you can have 1 diseased kidney removed and be left with the good one?  I just don't know if I can trust the results especially with continuing symptoms.  I have not seen the nephrologist yet and don't know if I should ask her or not about this.
Thanks again for all of your help.