Family Health Expert Forum
Kidney Biopsy

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Kidney Biopsy

HI again Dr. Keyes,
One last question for you.  When they did my kidney biopsy in the hospital they did it on my left kidney when it is the right kidney that hurts all of the time and the right one that showed hydronephrosis on previous ct scans.  I told the techs this and they said that it did not matter which kidney they did.  How can that be true when you can have 1 diseased kidney removed and be left with the good one?  I just don't know if I can trust the results especially with continuing symptoms.  I have not seen the nephrologist yet and don't know if I should ask her or not about this.
Thanks again for all of your help.  
Hey Terri,
I'm not a nephrologist, so I can't say for sure, but that makes no sense to me either.  Especially with it being your opposite kidney showing hydronephrosis.  I would definitely at least mention it to the nephrologist and see what they say.  I really hope you don't have to go through another kidney biopsy.
Hang tough,
JMK.