Family Health Expert Forum
Lower abdominal/pelvic pain with low grade fever for 3 weeks.

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

I have had lower abdominal/pelvic pain for about three weeks now.
Sometimes the pain is severe causing me to nearly pass out. I have cold chills and sweating at the same time with some nausea. The only thing that relieves this is to get in a hot bath and the pain becomes bearable.  I also have had a low grade fever for the past two weeks. I have had diarrhea and constipation both
on and off and alot of gas. It hurts to move my stomach like when
turning over in the bed or when I am sitting down if I raise my legs. It feels like there is alot of pressure in my lower stomach. The pain is not severe all the time but it never completly goes away.  Any ideas?
I would see a physician about this.  As you can imagine, there are many causes for these symptoms.  

Imaging with a CT scan can be considered to evaluate for appendicitis and diverticulitis.  If negative, an endoscopy can be considered to look for masses, polyps, or colitis.  

If these tests are negative, one can also consider irritable bowel syndrome.  This can present with alternating constipation and diarrhea.  

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_