Family Health Expert Forum
Pain In the lower right side upon waking after a nights sleep.
About This Forum:

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pain In the lower right side upon waking after a nights sleep.

I am a 48 year old male with no health issues that I know of. For the last couple months I have had a sharp pain in my right lower side every morning when I sit up. About the area where your belt is. Does not appear to be back related as it feels outboard of the spine. ( I have no problem bending or twisting lifting or any of the other normal movements ) No problems with urination or bowel movements, No blood in the urine an nothing unusual to be seen in the stool. Once I am up an move around the pain goes away. How ever that first sit up in the morning can take your breath away as the pain is sharp. By pressing around the area I don't feel any discomfort.
This has been going on for several months now an I have taken a wait an see approach. But so far it has not gotten any worse but it has not gone away ether.
What is in this area of my body that can cause this sort of pain?It is regular once a day, does not appear to matter what sort of bed I am sleeping on. Nor if I had eaten before bed or not. Part of my concern is wether or not it is minor or the begining of something major. As it has been a couple months an if I had bruised some thing down there I would have expected it to show signs of improvement by now.
Looking forward to at least some information on who I should see as I have no ideal if its kidneys, or liver ??
Cam42