Family Health Expert Forum
Penile pain

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Penile pain

If you could respond to this particular question, I would be really very grateful;presently and for the past, perhaps,approximately six months, I have felt a considerable discomfort in my penis;it is characterized by a throbbing ache or pain on the, approximately, left side, of the penis at the end of the shaft of the penis;it is comprable to an ache, a throbbing and bothersome ache which afflicts me often;it comes and goes in cycle, it seems;in addition, I have and do, presently, experience a curious dryness throughout the upper shaft of the penis;hence, perhaps, the discomfort;I do have herpes;but, I have not visible symtoms (symptoms) except for the manifestation of this curious and invisible pain;it is often sharp and a great source of discomfort;it seems to be, well, comprable to the pain of a tooth ache, ie) deep, underlying, and continuous on a specific site of the upper shaft of the penis;I have been seen by a urologist;his opinion is that I am good health. I do thank you for your consideration of this particular problem. I am sincerely, Paul Murray (***@****)
Tough to say without examination.  Any type of infection, bleed or penile trauma can lead to the symptoms.

You can consider sending the urine off for anaylsis and culture to rule out infection.  

Regarding a bleed or trauma, you can consider an ultrasound to image these considerations.

You may want to discuss these options with your personal physician or in conjunction with another urological opinion.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Medical Weblog:
kevinmd_b