Family Health Expert Forum
Pressure in both ears
About This Forum:

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pressure in both ears

I am writing because I have had a lot of ear pressure in both ears for the last week. However, it is often worse on the right than the left. I used to have mild to moderate allergies and I would get about two sinus infections a year, although I havent had one in a year. My ears never really botherred me much with the sinus infections. Well now my ears are botherring me with no other symptoms of sinus or allergy. I went to the md on friday and he gave me a decongestant to try and as of now it is not helping. Once or twice I have heard ringing and sometimes I feel sort of spaced out. Also, it seems like the pressure is not there at all or very slight when I wake up in the morning. I am a 25 yo male and in good health.

Could tension headaches cause this(i get a lot of headaches and muscle stiffness from stress)? Could the ear pressure be causing the spacey feeling? Are brain problems the possible culprit(I did go to the optomotrist last week and my eyes and the optical nerves looked fine); can tumors cause such a thing? Any suggestions for relief?