Pseudomonas pacemaker
Just been told that I have pseudomonas infection on  pacemaker incision. Pacemaker could be infected; not certain. Pacemaker was inserted 4 weeks ago.  I am an insulin-dependent diabetic under good control.  Blood pressure is excellent with medication.I am 68 years old and generally in good health.
Should I have the pacemaker removed immediately or wait few days to see if infection is under control.? What is liekly hood of infection spreading if I wait 5 days?
Thank you,
Pjj505
I would err on the side of having it removed earlier than later, but this is really something that you need to speak to your surgeon about; not a decision to make on your own.  If your surgeon is unsure, they can consult an infectious disease specialist.

Good luck.
JMK MD