Family Health Expert Forum
RBC slightly low
About This Forum:

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

RBC slightly low

I'm a 36yo male. I've been fighting IBS-C for 5 years and have it semi under control with fiber and diet. I've been very run down lately which I attribute to IBS and not working out as much. I got blood work done and had slightly below normal Hemogobin (13.8) and hematocrit (39.7). All other CBC, ferritin, thyroid etc results were normal. For reference, one year ago these values were Hemogobin (15.8) and hematocrit (44.5).  I've had a colon polyp removed this year and do have some minor bleeding from hemmorhoids. My doctor (actually the nurse practioner) said there was nothing abnormal about these results. This might be true, but what type of possible symptoms should I be looking for in the future? Should I ask for any other tests or get re-tested in the near future? Thanks