Family Health Expert Forum
Severe Eye Pain

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Severe Eye Pain

I am a 61 year old white male in good health. I have one blue eye and one brown and blue eye. I take 1 Lipitor daily. Also I take Claritin and use Nasonex spray for allergies. I have severe pain in my eyes but it does not cause any pain to my head. I have had my tear ducts plugged, sinuses cleaned and drained, and polyps removed from my sinuses. These solutions have only brought temporary relief and have not solved the problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • puss in eye (1 replies):
    My daughter is 4 months old and her eye has been swollen...[more]
Thank you for visiting the Family Practice Forum.
A couple of things come to mind.  Firstly, many nasal steroid sprays (Nasonex) can cause nose and/or eye pain as well as headaches in a small percentage of people. You may benefit from a visit to an Opthamologist to rule out other possibilities such as "iritis". It is also possible that you may have a blocked tear duct. Nevertheless, I would start by speaking with the Eye MD (Opthamologist).
I hope this helps.
Hi Rmartin. Eye pain can also be caused by a rise in intraocular pressure (glaucoma) and that must be checked. Sometimes that eye pain is accompanied by nausea and pain over brows.
Please see an ophthalmologist or optometrist soon to check this out.
This is a vaginal question and I really hope someone out there can help me today.  I'm a 39 year old white female had a complete hyster at age of 21.  My vagina is turning a dark purple or black color on the outside lip areas and starting to go to the inside area.  There is a white discharge that I've been tested for and comes back negative.  I'm too embarrased to ask my doctor so I really hope someone has seen or heard this same thing before.  I have checked all over the web and could not find anything.  Please help if you can.